- This event has passed.
Annual Memorial Day Parade
May 30, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
MEMORIAL DAY PARADE AND CEREMONY
Parade Assembles at the O.P.Library at 8:30 AM and starts at 9:00 AM SHARP!
- Highland Ave (behind the library), north on South Buffalo Street to the Four Corners, left onto West Quaker Street to Veterans Park.
Order of March:
- Orchard Park Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #6247
- Disabled American Veterans in cars
- Orchard Park Middle School Band
- Orchard Park Jr. Color Guard
- Orchard Park American Legion Post #567
- Orchard Park American Legion Post #567 Auxiliary
- Girl Scouts
- Boy Scouts
- Orchard Park High School Band
- Orchard Park Fire Company
- Windom Fire Company
- Hillcrest Fire Company
- Fire and First Aid Trucks
Program: Colonel Adam Czekanski – Master of Ceremonies
- Star Spangled Banner – Ms. Leah Berst is a 2013 Orchard Park High School graduate and a graduate of the University at Buffalo. She is working at Ingram Micro and doing
theatre performances in Buffalo.
- Raising of the Flag – Commander Robert Davis, American Legion Post #567
- Commander William Scharra, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #6247
- Invocation – Father James Ciupek, Pastor, Nativity of Our Lord Church
- Gettysburg Address – Maelle Ninin, Orchard Park Middle School 8th Grade Student
- Guest Speaker – To be announced
- Placing of the Wreaths – VFW & Legion Commanders
- Placing of the Flowers – Girl Scouts
- Rifle Squad – Members of the VFW and American Legion
- Taps – Buglers, Thomas Wall and Dylan Ranis, from the Orchard Park High School
- Benediction – Father James Ciupek, Nativity of Our Lord Church
- God Bless America, sung by Ms. Leah Berst (all are invited to join in)
Please come out and show your appreciation for those who served.